About the Artist
He studied at the Academy of Fine Arts in Kraków (graduated in 1954, at the studios of Adam Marczyński and Wacław Taranczewski), he was a long-time lecturer at the Pedagogical University in Kraków, a member of the Kraków ZPAP, works in several Polish museums and private collections. He started with figurative painting to quickly reach his typical, very original symbolic geometric abstraction. In total, the artist donated 26 paintings to the Museum in Kielce, an album of watercolors, drawings and sketches (130), documents, photographs, and slides in 2002 and 2005. The author of interesting memories about the years of his studies at the Krakow university in 1948-1954.