Knapp & Co. was a lithography printing company in New York City. During the mid 1850s, Joseph Fairchild Knapp (1832–1891) entered the printing firm of Sarony & Major in New York City. Sarony left the partnership around 1864 to pursue a career in photography, and the company took on the name of Major & Knapp (ca. 1864–ca. 1871), and by 1888, the business was known as the Knapp Company. Around 1890, Joseph Palmer Knapp (1864–1951) purchased the company from his father and shortly after renamed it the Joseph P. Knapp Co. By the late 1890s, the firm was known as Knapp & Co.