Rudolf Larisch, von Larisch from 1866 to 1919, was an Austrian typographer, typeface designer, graphic designer and university professor.
Rudolf von Larisch was a son of the Imperial and Royal Colonel Nikolaus von Larisch, who was raised to the Austrian nobility in 1866, and Eveline Föltváry de Föltvar. He studied at the School of Applied Arts in Vienna. After initially working as a civil servant in the Austrian Ministry of the Interior, he was appointed to teach ornamental writing and heraldry at the School of Applied Arts in 1902, where he was awarded the title of professor in 1905. Since 1910 he worked at the Graphic Teaching and Research Institute and then from 1920 to 1931 at the Academy of Fine Arts in Vienna. His main interest was the further development of teaching in type design and type design.
He was married to Emilie, née Altmann, who died in Vienna in 1913 at the age of 45 after a long illness. From this marriage he had his son Viktor (died 1946). It wasn't until 1931 that he married again. His second wife was the lettering artist, book designer and commercial graphic artist Hertha, née Ramsauer (1897–1972). He was buried in an honorary grave in the Vienna Central Cemetery (Group 30 D, Row 1, No. 30).
Von Larisch was a founding member of the Austrian Werkbund.