He studied at the Warsaw School of Fine Arts under K. Kaniewski, R. Hadziewicz and M. Zaleski (1851-1857). Then, as a scholarship holder of the Enlightenment Commission, he studied at the Academy of Fine Arts in St. Petersburg. In 1873 he was awarded the title of "Klassny Chudoznik" of the 2nd degree. He exhibited constantly at the TZSP in Warsaw, several times in the Warsaw salons of Aleksander Krywult and Józef Ungr, and at the TPSP in Krakow. He also participated in exhibitions in Philadelphia (1876), Paris (1878) and Vienna (1886). Initially, he painted historical scenes and views as well as genre scenes. Later he specialized in portraiture.