The Wittemann Brothers was established in 1876 by brothers Adolph, Jacob, and Rudolf Whittemann headquartered at 188-190 Williams Street, New York, NY. Whittemann Bros. were manufacturers and importers of Art Lithographs, early trade cards, postcards, and albums.
They produced advertising lithographs for various industries and companies across the country. One such industry was for the brewing industry for breweries like E. Anheuser, Anheuser-Busch, Schmidt & Hoffmann, F. Heim & Bro., Jos. Schlitz, Val Blatz, Haberle, and Julius Winkelmeyer just to name a few.
Adolph and his other brothers Paul and Charles went into business to form the Wittemann-Lewis Aircraft Company as an an American aircraft manufacturer between 1906 and 1923.